I designed, collated and edited the quarterly eNewsletter (EDM) to 560 subscribers on MailChimp
Why redesign the old eNewsletter?
- The old eNewsletter came out sporadically when there were new internal changes.
- Subscribers never knew when to expect the next issue.
- There was no colour scheme and design elements did not connect with the the content.
- The open rate was 33.7% for 2018.
- Consistency in design and publication scheduling
- Inviting and cheerful colours and design
- More relevant and helpful content written by workers to build ownership
- Mobile optimisation
What I did in the new eNewsletter
- Sent the eNewsletter consistently in January, April, July and October
- Used a colour scheme of bright, inviting colours
- Planned a theme for the content of each issue
- Linked longer articles to our website to drive users
- Used CSS to overlay titles over header images to create a more ‘print’ look
- Used more photos to create interest
- Achieved an average open rate of 45.75% over the last year out of 560 subscribers